Brief History of HCH

plantingseedsHamilton County Harvest Food Bank, Inc. (HCH) was established in 2009 when several of the food pantries in the county joined together and set up a new non-profit entity to assist all Hamilton County pantries with their food inventory needs. The Noblesville White River Christian Church (WRCC) provided the newly formed food bank warehouse space in their building at 1605 N. 10th St. in Noblesville. (same location as the WRCC Food Pantry).

Since our inception, we have collected and distributed over 275,000 lbs. of food for local pantries; this past year alone has seen a 53% increase in the amount of food required.

A majority of our food will come through the school holiday drives, but more and more Hamilton County businesses and organizations are now helping out (over 37 donors this year have helped with either food drives or collection points). All donated food will be sorted and distributed to more than 28 local pantries at no cost to them. Many of the same volunteers who work in their local pantries will graciously donate their time to serve as food bank volunteers (HCH is manned 100% by volunteers).